Tuesday, October 7, 2008

He probably got them from eating mystery poo...

What in tarnation!? Woke up to thinking Cash had developed a case of the mumps overnight. Debated an immediate trip to the vet over this (Missy always says give it 24 hrs) but decided to go have him checked out.  Dr. M speculates it is 2 tick bites and a random something else. I have a follow up appointment next week.  Terrific.  I love how much dogs cost.Random armpit lump.
Up close.
Suspected tick bite?
Additional suspected tick bite.  I've been looking these guys over every day so I was surprised and also not surprised by this.  The vet was mad I didn't use the Advantix that I have, but I hate using those chemicals on them, especially when we hardly go into an environment where they would be vulnerable.  Dr O said it's better than risking them getting Lyme Disease....However, he looked for more and couldn't find anything either.  I just think it sounds a little fishy they all appeared on the same day, like the ticks got together and planned to fall off exactly at the same time.  If they attached sometime on Sunday and dropped off by Tuesday morning chances of getting Lyme are much more slim.  I should research if there is a specific species of tick that only hangs out for a day or two. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Maybe if Im really really quiet, they wont know I am sneaking back to my poo stash..." I love Cash.