Apparently, there are some people who don't like magical fantasy islands made of candy. Shortly after snapping this photo and continuing on my shopping adventure, I hear, "Excuse me...Miss....". I turn around to see some guy who works at WF chasing me down. He says, "I couldn't help but notice you took a photo over there." "Yeah, I did, of the Candy island sign". "Well it's really not cool if you don't work here to take photos of the store...you don't work here do you? ("no I don't")...well, um, yeah, we don't allow any pictures to be taken in here". I said, "I get it, like competitors, I just thought the sign was funny, and clearly there aren't even any products in the display". "It's not personal, it's just...ummm...it's not allowed".
I said, "Ok I get it-just thought it was a funny sign" and walked away. The conversation actually was a little longer than that, he stumbled over his words and hardly was able to form complete sentences so I only wrote what I specifically remembered. But I showed him. I didn't delete my photo of Candy Island and instead of having a fun post about it he ruined it and made it angry post about how not to confront a customer. He was so unsure of himself he came off like an idiot and a goof, and an asshole. WHO SAYS, "It's just not cool to take photos if you don't work here"? He could have simply said, "we have a no photo policy because of competition concerns and would appreciate if you would refrain from taking any other pictures." He needs to work on his confrontation skills, because mine are very adequate and in fact they are so strong that when I was checking out he tried to buy some stuff from customer service counter and I starred him right out of his line. What is even more annoying is I don't think he was in management or customer service, he lacked the skills necessary to be in one of those positions. I think I'm going to write whole foods about it. I'm annoyed.
No comments:
Post a Comment