If at first you don't succeed...

Dog biscuits. Round 2. Looked up several recipes then just concocted my own. 1 cup Peanut butter, 2 packets maple flavor instant oatmeal, 1/4 cup canola oil, 3/4 cups water, 1/2 tspn vanilla, 1 tspn molasses, 2 cups flour, and 1 egg. Probably healthier to use the nothing added stuff but I decided for maximum flavor to go with the crunchy salty sugary more bad-for-you variety.

It was an easy dough to work with. Due to oil content most likely. Roll 1/4 inch thick.

Yes my cookie cutter connection came through (thanks Will!).

Made two full cookie sheets worth. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.

Perhaps they are a little overdone but they are much better than any of the doggie baked goods I have made so far (which doesn't say much unfortunately). They have a hint of sweetness and actually taste like peanut butter. A true biscuit unlike the last batch which was more of a hard bread. Remember homemade treats do not have any preservatives and therefore only a shelf life of a week unless refrigerated or frozen .

And lastly, Kurt has joined the gym and I am doing my part by feeding him banana milkshakes. 2 frozen bananas, 1 1/2 cups non sweetened almond milk, and 2 scoops vanilla ice cream. I would consider it a healthy snack personally.
No comments:
Post a Comment