Saturday, January 9, 2010

Stuff I'm going to do.

What a week. Getting back from vacation has challenged my time management abilities and I'm eager to get back to my regular routine on Monday.
Corrine's orchid finally decided there is something to smile about. I have temporarily relinquished custody so it may be enjoyed by it's rightful owners until it's blooms have died.
Lasagna. One of the cheapest dinners as it stretches for days, makes awesome leftovers, and I have a whole other batch in the freezer for another time. Great for families on a budget!
Ahhh, and what better way to get through the weekend (and use up bananas) then a fresh loaf of plain ol' banana bread? Next batch is going to have some delicious chocolate chips.

This week I also tried making a few dishes we enjoyed in the UK-roasted potatoes, parsnips, and rocket (arugula) with parmesan. The secret to the potatoes and parsnips are parboiling them. Trader Joe's has crumpets which I found need to be separated before freezing as the moisture content makes them all stick together something fierce. We found them best letting them defrost a little, then toasting, and then microwaving for about 10 seconds.

1 comment:

RobCarlArmin said...

cheese on crumpets is a must have, if not allready tried, and make sure too fluff the edges of the potatoes in a collinder, before roasting. but then again im sure you may do this.we miss you both