When we were in Virginia I took the opportunity to take Kurt for his first horseback ride. It was a standard group trail ride, 16 people with 4 wranglers on sour old horses but it was fun. We rode at the
Marriott Ranch (yes, as in the guy who started the hotel chain had a ranch) in Hume, VA.

Here he is at the mounting block, or rather mounting ladder.

Stirrup check. This horse was old as dirt. His name was moonwalker.

Here we are crossing a stream.

Here we are in a field.

All the photos look the same since I had the camera.

Some longhorns off to the right. They use these for their mock cattle drives.

I was afraid he might gore me as I took his photo.

Baby calves in the woods. It's like a fairy tale!

More country.

They stopped us half way to check the girths (make sure no one's saddle was slipping).

This was my horse Cheyenne. She was a good little mare. She looks real excited about her job.
It poured the last 10 minutes of the ride and we all got soaked. I had to protect the camera by keeping it under my armpit but it would have been a great shot.
2 comments:
That really looks like fun: I've always wanted to go horse-back riding, but haven't yet. Maybe I'll look into it!
dude!...they let you take your camera on the trails??? and no helmets??? wtf? i must've went to the stables for "special" people!!
Post a Comment