Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Earth Science.

Sat outside with the boys for the first part of my morning. FedEx came by and delivered the new cat beds.
Merchandise inspectors.
The cats will be happy.
This was worrisome.
We moved these boards for the fence from here...

to there.
Met some toads.
We dragged these bags of iris and lilies from here...
to there.
I started collecting worms.
We dragged some palettes out for our next project. Moving the woodpile.
Here it is next to the house.
Found these eggs under a piece of firewood. They looked like they belonged on sushi. Wonder what they are.
A moth in the woodpile.
About halfway through we switched to raking the logs after coming across a snake that startled me so much I screamed like a 12 year old.We came across him again here.
And finally here-after all the wood was moved.
He was about 3 feet long.
We returned him to relocated wood pile. Turns out he was shedding-I'm sure he could barely see us...it's a very vulnerable time for snakes and explained why he never took an opportunity to leave while we were working. I wish him all the best.
Yes it was as much work as it looks like.
A+
After that we moved onto transplanting the azalea bush.
I enjoyed a beverage while mom dug it out.
And watched as she carted it to the end of the drive.
We planted it directly under the poison ivy.
We talked politics today.
My worm collection grew. It actually became an obsession.
Mom decided to tear out ever remaining bulb and tubular plant on her property.
This guy was friendly.
This one-not so much. He was smart though-I couldn't catch him.
Not so friendly enormous caterpillar.
We painted a flower-box.
Of course Lennon got in the way.
Cash was in the trash pile.
Project complete. We put worms in there. I also put them in all the front plant beds as I had collected a gazillion of them.
Lastly we carted this extremely heavy, awkward, and difficult-to-move fake grass to the basement. I wished for a man to be present at that moment.
Then I made dinner! Too bad mom hardly eats, but I know she'll have leftovers for days. I don't want to think about how sore I'm going to be in the morning. It will be a long drive back to NY.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a day full of creatures! neat!

Missy said...

You guys worked your butts off! I heard all about it. I think Mom is sad you left.