Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Dog Food.

This week it was Chicken thighs on sale so we had a form of adobo. 

Dogs have a hard time digesting plant matter.  They are actually incapable of breaking down the cell walls, so if you feed them a fruit or veggie that isn't pulverized or cooked they may enjoy snacking on it but it won't do a thing for them.  Here we have celery, carrots, and squash that visited the food processor.
Barley.  I learned this time not to put it in first, as it can stick to the bottom and burn.
2 potatoes, coarsely chopped.
Garlic.  Pre-Processed.
Hearts and thighs.  Yum!
Barley was first, then I put the protein in.
Veggies layered on the top of the chicken.
An hour or so later..
I separate the stock to help it cool but mix it back together before storing.  I mix the next couple meals with the remaining food from last week to keep anybody from getting an upset stomach.  However, the longer they are on rotating diets like this the less upset they experience, if any at all.

No comments: