Thursday, April 23, 2009

Adventurland (better than the movie?)

Mandy and Seth met us early Saturday morning. Seth and Kurt went to watch futbol and Mandy and I headed off to the forest.
First stop...Rite Aid. I had no shoes for our adventures. Awesome purchase for 6.95.It didn't take long to realize we weren't in Kansas anymore.A redwood. We decide to ditch the main road.
Mandy convinced me that I had picked moss off poison oak and that I had to wash it with mud. I think it was really a trick just to get me to smear this crud all over myself.No vampires or unicorns.
If I hadn't been wearing my urban moccasins I most likely would have fallen in. I was searching for any sort of life to catch but there was only creepy bugs.
I was looking for Edward over here...The elusive banana slug-mission accomplished! We headed back and by chance found the guys at the pub where they were watching the Arsenal match.
Then we headed over Dr. Millers on Cedar. Joel picked it because they were listening to Morrissey, but I think it's because he had man-crush on the messengerish baristas.
We met up with the wedding party...who were too hungover to go with us to the tidepools.
So we headed over to the Natural Bridges Park on our own.
There's the natural bridge. Apparently there was more of it that collapsed in the recent past.
Don't touch it!
Too late!
Here is where I tamed a herd of mussels. I'm the mussel whisperer.
This guy didn't like my calming touch.
Kurt more than blimped this-he's the Hindenburg!
We had to pass this treacherous cliff...





Really we staged this. It was probably 6 feet down to the sandy beach below.
Tis true.
Lunch. I hate falafal, but can't stop eating it.
Delicious ice cream joint. It's good to have locals as guides.

Proof of deliciousness. I had cardamon pistachio.
I think Mandy chipped a tooth on this very expensive (.50!) gumball at the mall. Yes, we were at the mall searching for really cheap bathing suits, which did not exist.
Success! At Ross we scored these matching granny suits. No joke, the breast cups went halfway down our ribcages...but for 9.99 I'm not complaining-just staying submerged.
So Mandy and I hung out here for a few hours.
While we were in the hot tub the guys watched this movie we found on the backstreets of Santa Cruz. Who would throw away such a perfectly good flick?
Finally dinner. By 10:30 it was all Kurt and I could do to keep our eyes open.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Man, what an awesome weekend of 'thumbs-up's. I had a blast! Can't wait to see you guys again. One of us needs to move closer.