Monday, April 6, 2009

London-day two, part two.

It's a good thing Rob and Carla came with us otherwise we wouldn't have gotten this sweet shot.
First thing you see walking out of the Arsenal tube stop.
Lots of fun junk.
We had to go into the away team territory to get this shot-luckily we weren't bothered.
Another great Rob photo.
Every match has crowd control. I was impressed by the protection for the horses.
Here's the team shop that sits under the stadium.
Rob and Carla left and we headed over to the pub to meet everyone. Later Kurt almost threw up in here.
Serious futuristic police-horse van.
The pub where we met up with everyone.
This prevents fights.
Ashley was obsessed with her cape.
This is about the time I decided I was bored of the pre-game festivities (as I wasn't drinking) and decided to head over to the team shop. Kurt ran to catch up with me and that's when he felt sick.
60,000 people were in attendance. I couldn't find an empty chair.Here's a shot of the field from our seats.
We were in the front row-right corner by the goal post.
The only photo I have of Irving, who sat with us during the match. Kurt met both Irving and Richard at Nevada Smiths and connected them-turns out they had several close friends between them and went to the same University.
The water the field during half time.
It was beautiful-in the 70's.
Super close. Here's Arsenals new star player. This kick was not good, but we won 2-0.
The tube station had a line around the block so we cut through this park and walked through Islington (which is totally amazing) before catching a bus back over to Covent Garden to meet back up with Rob and Carla.

No comments: