Monday, April 6, 2009

London-day one, part one.

Our flight was delayed about 2 hours but it just meant we didn't get in at such an unfriendly hour as we were suppose to. We took the train from the airport then transfered to the Central line to the Marble Arch stop.
Our hotel was just off Hyde park, and only 2 blocks from the tube stop.


I made the mistake during our last trip of having luggage that was not public transportation friendly. For this trip (and all future trips where I do not want to check bags) I downgraded to the size 3 duffle from Bad bags, the 1.5 duffle for an additional carry-on, and the rollaboard for Kurt. They were beyond perfect, and on sale.
We arrived at noon and were able to check right in so after cleaning up we looked online for for a veggie restaurant and found this place on Marylebone Street. Apparently in England "meat and two vegs" is the same as saying "cock and balls" here. We didn't find that out until showing this to our friend Rob the next day and we all had a good laugh over it.
We started with the tasty olives.
I had the veggie cheeseburger-which was excellent.
Kurt had this roasted vegetable sandwich-equally as wonderful. Highly recommended.

No comments: