Apple Pie! My first attempt at homemade pie and crust. I have subsequently ordered a pastry cutter, rolling pin, pie pan, and microplane zester.

The directions suggested making 2 batches if it is your first attempt at crust so you don't run out.

I used a fork to mix the pastry dough.

The filling of sugar, flour, cinnamon, and vinegar. The bowl in the back are the sliced and peeled apples waiting in a bath of lemon water.

My no-rolling-pin solution. Worked like a dream. I cooled it off in the fridge first.

Getting ready to put it all together.

You know it!

Out of the oven. I used foil on the edges to keep them from burning.

Look'n good...(that mug says Arsenal Wife)....

Doesn't get any better than this. Even Kurt liked it, and apple pie has never been high on his list. I think I've been watching too much Mad Men.
1 comment:
this pie was great.
Post a Comment