
2 weeks ago I had a friend who cherishes their privacy over for dinner and thus shall remain unnamed. I made a bean stew recipe out of Food and Wine and a chard recipe from the Greek islands.

For this recipe you do not soak the beans overnight but bring them to a boil and let them sit covered for an hour before rinsing them and then reboiling them with the oil and herbs to infuse them with the flavor of the "stock".

Apparently there is a trick to keeping the chard green. The recipe I found called for blanching it and serving at room temperature. After draining them they were reheated with the pine nuts and raisins then allowed to cool once again.

The beans are about to be rinsed and added to the seasoned tomato sauce.

Mix it up.

This shot is so crummy I'm embarrassed to include it. But, it was a very nice dinner. The beans were much more flavorful the following day for lunch, so if I made it again I would probably do so a day in advance. Vegan, organic, and fresh.
No comments:
Post a Comment