Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Horse Story in 17 steps. Photoshop.

Origonal photo. (Background Layer)
Made a selection with the pen tool and filled.
Popped the selection onto a new layer.
Used that same path for my reference photo on a separate layer. Paint locked.

On a 3rd layer I placed my markers, lowered the opacity, and locked it.
Now I can turn on and off the markers to check my progress.
Moved my reference layer over and checked alignment of marker layer.

Starting to paint moving my reference as needed.

Markers off.
Painting.

Painting.

Painting.

Painting.

Painting-starting to change brush modes.
Painting in brush modes.

Added the hair on a new layer.
Okay so he's a little jacked. I'm trying to limit my time on misc. projects and I knew I wouldn't mess with him again and I want to go read the Chronicles of Narnia. If only there had been time for a magical horn.

No comments: