Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Summer lov'n.

Kurt suggested I try making my own quiche crust which I told him was a ridiculous idea.But then I actually looked up a recipe-and it was so simple I decided I was the silly one.
Fake bacon, leeks, broccoli, English cheddar, and the vegan egg replacer.
Not the most beautiful looking crust but I'm sure it will improve upon practice.
I then decided to try neat loaf again using my pan (last time I had to use tin foil if you'll remember). This is TVP, HP sauce, Henderson's, ketchup, carrots, celery, onions, garlic, and assorted spices. I used the HP sauce for a glaze the last 10 minutes of cooking.
Served with mashies and peas.
Great as leftovers for lunch!
After our 4th of July BBQ I had quite a bit of leftover fruit salad I froze just for this purpose. Vanilla Ice cream, almond milk, and frozen fruit.
Waste not want not!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I need that veggie-loaf recipe. Meat loaf is one of those odd things I still crave from time to time, even after all these years of being veggie... weird.