Sunday was Kurt's birthday. Unfortunately the weather wasn't as cooperative. It was chilly and overcast.

We started light...

Then had some crepes. Mine with Canadian syrup and Kurt's with whipped cream and fruit.

Here's he is. 30 and all.

Terrance and Brandi stopped by before heading back to NYC. Here is Kurt "blimp'n" into my photo.

Todd and Robin met up with us for breakfast and to say goodbye to T&B.

They are a depressed crowd aren't they? We tried to go to the Contemporary Art museum but unfortunately there was a 45 minute wait to get in (2 shows were ending that day). So we jumped in the car and headed over to the Mountain.

Here's Robin enjoying the view from Mont Royal.

They might be giants....

Kurt enlisted the help of a stranger to stage this photo.

Montreal!

We drove down back down to look for restaurants and found our first two recommendations closed. So we parked, had someone help us read the meter, and then found a great little Pizza place in on Rue St. Denis.

We were the only table for a while.

I have no creative caption for this one.

Kurt and I split this awesome apple, pecan, and cheese salad with a maple dressing. It was very tasty!

They keep the pizzas warm with this little contraption.

I had 1/2 veggie, and half garlic. What I didn't know was it about doubled the price to do that! However, it was worth every penny, and I'm still thinking about it.

Todd got a deep dish pizza which was equally as delicious.

After dinner we headed back to the hotel and lounged. We ended up in this position for several hours.

Finally, dessert! I had the cheesecake and Kurt had a chocolate cake that when you spooned into it hot chocolate goo leaked out. We were very limited on the dessert side because of a massive cheese and meat recall that is taking place. They had to get rid of almost everything. But, we enjoyed what we were able to eat!
1 comment:
The blimp'n photo just made me laugh out loud at work. That shit is so hilarious for some reason.
Post a Comment