Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Point Break.

This is where it started...




And this is where it ended.  Today I applied for college.  In NYC at LaGuardia community college for the Vet Tech program (2 year, AAS, eligible to sit for NYS licensing).  Because it's the same charge for up to 6 schools I also applied at the Bronx community college for the Animal Care and Management degree (1 year, certificate).  I also applied to Pierce in Los Angeles for animal sciences/equine science/agriculture.  We do not have plans to move, but I wanted all my bases covered (besides, it's free to apply to California cc's!).  I'm ready for the next season of life, no matter where it takes us.  If we stay here I may try to take a summer class in horse dentistry in the Virginia/MD area.  It's relatively short and then I'd need to apprentice with a horse dentist upon returning.  So tomorrow I send for my high school transcripts and that should be it.  Hurray for the future.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heidi: Congratulations on your new course in life... You look great with all those creatures, I'm sure you'll be a great Vet Tech!!
The world will lose a heck of a hair stylist though**

Heidi Powers said...

Well, they'll still have one for a while! Thanks David!

Amy said...

Hey - I'm so excited for you, I know this is something you've been thinking about for a long time. And, your health is everything!! I wouldn't be at all sad if you ended up coming back to California ;-) At some point, I'd love to talk to you more about the animal stuff you've been posting.

xoxo Amy

Unknown said...

Wow, Heidi! You were a darling little girl! (Of course you are darling now!) I'm praying that all of this will happen for you, because it sounds perfect for you! And no more pain, which would be a plus!

I'll second David's comment: "The world will lose a heck of a hair stylist though." Maybe I can hit you up just ONE more time??!! :)