Saturday, September 19, 2009

Modern inconveniences.

Wednesday I embarked on a major appliance mission trying to figure out why our fridge not only keeps freezing everything inside it regardless of the temperature of the thermostat but also why it has been leaking water (out the front) for the past 3 years. Corrine let me store all my perishables at her house. This is probably the cleanest it has been since its birth.
That little hole to the right of the thermostat is where I ripped the drip tray out.
To discover where my problem lay. It was clogged.
With what looked like a large piece of paper mixed with fish innards.
Ta-da! All cleaned out. Two days later the fridge seems fixed. I'm hoping our electric bill will decrease-the clog seems to have been the cause of all the fridge's theromastat malfunctions too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh man, I wish I could have been there to help fix! We had a really similar situation w/ our fridge a few months ago. The defrost drain in the freezer was clogged/frozen, so instead of properly draining water into the drain dish under the fridge, we were getting puddles in our vegetable drawers. Just had to clear it out, defrost/unclog the hose and it's been working great again. Good job on yours, too! Hurray for fixing!