Standard issue.
Rob said, "they're great for the car" to which Kurt replied, "No I'll keep them in my bag".















We're trying to look English.
But Rob doesn't set a good example.
How they do apple pie here-with custard.
The castle in Castleton.
After our very British bank holiday excursion for tea in the country we headed back to Sheffield for groceries and the match.
I made Kurt pull off the road and come with me so I could take a photo of the sheep.
Right about here I remembered watching a Ram chase Weller at Jason's dad's house and decided I didn't want to be the American known for getting bulldozed sheep-gazing so I backed away...slowly.
Grocery stores with escalators. The wheels automatically lock when on the ramps. Clever.
The owner of Sheffield United owns our hotel too-which is connected to the stadium to the left of this photo. It was cold enough to leave the groceries in the car.


Opening Chant.

Cold. A little below 0 Celsius.
None of us could feel our toes. We left with 5 minutes remaining and United scored a goal the second we were out the exit. Figures.
Rob and I made dinner. Salad with Goat cheese and strawberries to start.
Main course was pasta with asparagus, tomatoes, shallots, and Parmesan. The worst part about traveling is eating out all the time so we were very thankful to have this opportunity. Tomorrow we get up early to pick up Rob and head to Manchester. Karen left tonight from NYC on her flight to Edinburgh where we'll meet her on Wednesday.
2 comments:
fun! please don't let sir kurt come back with an english accent!
i'm glad you aren't frozen! looks like a really fun trip so far. i want to go on the next one with you!
Post a Comment