Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Jeugo de Navidad

That is the writing on the box of my $3.99 Nativity Set. The translation? Christmas game. That doesn't seem very sincere. I had to giggle that the normal Nativity shelf has become the bar. "Where's Jesus"? "Oh, he's between the liquor and wine decanter".
We weren't going to decorate this year because we'll be away but had a change of heart and picked up a tree from the bodega on Sunday after Karen left.


I spent too long making these to not give them their own photo. Not to mention getting them to stay in stuck to the ceiling almost ruined my Christmas spirit.

There won't be any presents under the tree this year. Kurt and I are taking a road trip through England and ending in Edinburgh where we'll spend New Years with Karen. I'm prepared for something along the lines of Christmas Vacation.

For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 9:6

No comments: