Wednesday, December 29, 2010

London 4 - Manchester


 Because of the holidays today was the only day the museums were open during our stay in London so while the boys headed off to the Arsenal vs. Chelsea match and stadium tour Mandy and I checked off some sites on her list.











 My finger for a size comparison.  
 These were all different pieces of textiles cataloged over several rooms.

 Adam Ant wore this!







 I ran into the National Gallery to see George Stubb's painting "WhistleJacket" that was on loan during our last visit.  It was immense.






 Before the match we met up with the boys at the Tollington for a pint.  They told us where to find the car and a place to wait for them where we could also eat dinner.
 Swam against the tide of Arsenal supporters.
 Hopped on the bus.
 Car is on the right.  Place to eat on the left.
 I made her pose for this.  We got back on the bus and headed toward the stadium.
 God was with us!  We found dinner.  That may not seem like a big deal except everything was closed (at 8:00 p.m.).  It was this or McDonalds.
 We met up the boys and headed to Manchester.  OH!  I forgot to tell you.  Mandy and I were suppose to take the train but Kurt's credit card number was on the tickets and both of them said my name.  It was invalid so we can mail them back for a refund but we had to drive up with the guys.

 About midnight we stopped at the service station.
And got into the hotel at 3:55 a.m.  There were some issues with the GPS keeping us on backroads so it took us close to 1 1/2-2 hours longer than it should have.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Looks like you are having so much fun! Happy Mandy and Seth made it there safe!

The pcitures are great! Amazing art!

Stay safe and warm! Have fun!

-kelsey