Woke up to snow. The view from our window. Notice how it's sliding off the roof.
This means, "don't walk here-falling snow". You see them all over, residential and downtown.
My mission: Snow Shoes.
Here and in Berlin this is the most popular method of child transportation.
Success!
Yes I did make Kurt take this action shoe vs. snow shot.
Building removal. Most of the buildings here are newer like Berlin because of the heavy bombing during WW II. I think I read Munich experienced 67 bombings.
None of the hotels have conditioner and lotion isn't cutting it for my magical blonde locks. I bought this because it's the only bottle I could verify was conditioner. About 2 Euros. Total repair in 2 minutes-I can't wait!
These Christmas trees are for sale.
Imagine how excited we were to see Will!
This was the Medieval Christmas Market-they sold armor and axes and everyone serving food was dressed like they were from the Renaissance Fair. The candles were not an adequate replacement for a real fire but we pretended.
Aluminum Insoles are the big thing here. I also opted for a pair of the fake fur ones. I was told about them in Berlin but this was the first I saw them.
We headed to Hirshgarten for dinner which was less than 10 minutes from the hotel. The biggest beer garden in Europe, but I'm really unsure what that means. It was different than we expected. Because we had come early they could seat us but the entire place was booked by 5 separate parties later that night (literally people came by private busload). It was so big we had to ask for directions to the entrance (and all the signs were in German).
There were 15-16 beers on the menu. The breadbaskets are giant soft-but kinda hard-pretzels.
Literally within 45 minutes of us arriving both these rooms were packed as well as the backyard.
Our second time eating meat. I prefer to not eat it. I don't miss it.
Homemade Bavarian creme with a raspberry/cherry topping.
The grounds normally seat 8,000, but the snow limits the available space. In the summer it must be pretty wild. That's an ice bar on the left. Germans seem to enjoy subjecting themselves to the cold.
There is a deer park on location with about 30 deer. Both at the restaurant last night and tonight people brought their dogs in with them while they ate dinner.
We were stuffed so tried to walk of dinner but instead bought candy and watched English Soaps. I'm going to try and get up for breakfast which is OVER at 9:30. We don't even normally get out of bed until 10 or 11.







No comments:
Post a Comment