The Nymphenburg Palace. About a 5 minute walk from our hotel. Now it's two museums and a porcelain factory.
Clearing snow off the ice.
Best I can figure is it's like Bocci Ball played on ice.
Kurt on ice.
Then we walked all the way over to the old Olympic Stadium. Too cold to walk back we took the U-Bahn to town.
Kurt found some aluminum insoles.
Yes it was delicious!
We headed out to the Tollwood Festival. The tents here are heated.
It was very crowded and most of the vendors had crafty or world-craft type stuff. Not our thing. And I still don't get the idea of standing out in the below freezing weather to eat and drink.
Walking back we happened upon this Italian place. We had to wait about 20 minutes for a table but it was worth it.
Kurt met the only other Gooner in Munich. He was probably around 12 years old. He was American though his family moved to Turkey for work. Kurt gave him an Arsenal Scarf and we found this outside our door.
The only way we could afford Zurich is by staying at an Easy Hotel. Google it. I doubt I'll have internet until we get to France. We're in Zurich tonight and Monday night and head for Paris Tuesday afternoon.
My thoughts on Munich? It's like the La Jolla, San Diego of Germany. There are hardly any young people here outside the touristy downtown. It is very wealthy. It is nearly entirely residential. Kurt and I liken it to a larger and cleaner DC tri-state area. I can see why the people in Berlin thought the Southern Germans were "weird"-two completely different feelings. I have more appreciation for Berlin after staying here-Berlin you can keep my hat as a peace offering.
No comments:
Post a Comment