Sunday, December 18, 2011

Copenhagen 1

Good thing I packed last night. The alarm didn't go off and we got up late but made it to the train just fine.  First class was quiet and uncrowded. Kurt watched TV and played on the internet which was included in our tickets.  I tried to read but being that the sun was still out I was keen to watch the scenery.  It was similar to much of the European train landscapes. Farming communities, train yards full of graffiti, families out and about, and the occasional busy city stop. There were a fair amount of horses, which was exciting for me.  We arrived in Copenhagen a little after 1 and quickly found our hotel and then headed out.  It was 35ºF here today but much more humid and windy making it quiet chilly. The city center was mad with Holiday shopping which combined with my hunger started to make me cranky. But Kurt rescued me with a delicious lunch and after that we headed to meet Tobias.  

 Goodbye Göteborg!














 Crossing the sea to Denmark.


 Then it snowed for a bit.



 This city is super serious about bikes.

 Hotel room view Tivoli Gardens.
 Downtown.
 The sun situation is weird out here.

 Main Train Station.





 No records.



 Arsenal Copenhagen Supporters club.
 Tobias and Louise #2


 Well, it's no Blind Pig.  And, you could smoke inside, which was undesirable to me.  But we enjoyed ourselves and I really enjoyed talking with Louise #2.
 We lost.  It was a good game to watch, but tragic all the same.
 Tobias has his final paper for school due tomorrow so he left to study and prepare.  It was pretty chilly out so we headed back to the hotel.
 Tivoli Gardens.  We didn't want to pay to go in so we just walked to fence and looked at the lights.
 Then we went to this classy Swedish restaurant (our joke since they are everywhere in Goteborg)
 And had gourmet McFlurrys.  I hade a D'aim bar, and Kurt had the Toblerone limited edition.
The funny lights at our hotel and an early night.  This is a big city, we have a lot of walking ahead of us.  Tobias told us to rent bikes, but I doubt I will do that.

Tomorrow we don't have to get up for anything and they are calling for bad weather. I'm looking forward to sleeping in.  After that, the world is our oyster.  

No comments: