I do not have much exciting to report today. We got up at noon, left the hotel after 1, and explored the neighborhoods across the canal from us...Vesterbro and Nørrebro. Many businesses were closed due to it being a Monday. And because apparently we smoke crack the temperature outside was a "balmy" 40ºF and windy which prompted us to wear less layers and eat outside.
I love saying, "I don't know what you call it, but it was delicious". That salted licorice from Sweden was not delicious though.
One find. The Coral.
Closed.
Bikes. Nobody even locks them to anything, just the back tire. And, they leave their babies in the strollers outside when they go in stores. I told Kurt it's no wonder when people come to NYC their stuff gets stolen.
Cold.
Sun going down at 3:00.
Kurt's mustache is having a laugh.
The best tea I've had in my entire life. Ever.
Note to Kurt.
Here is Kurt showing me how to use his camera.
Here is how I felt about the lesson.
Here is Kurt making friends with a Danish author. He wrote Mount Copenhagen. People in Scandinavia do not readily talk to strangers in bars or restaurants, but Kurt has managed to push through this cultural phenomenon at nearly every place we have been.
This is my glüvine on the right. It was wonderful. Kurt's mustache was jealous.
What I failed at showing you-which I was attempting to do in this photo-is that this bowl of soup was about 14 inches across and 8 inches deep. I guess I should have paid attention in my photography lesson.
Here is Kurt's mustache enjoying chicken.
We stayed at this place for 3 hours. No joke. We didn't have anything else to do and it was cold outside. And we enjoyed forcing people to talk to us.
And here is where Kurt said, "that's not our hotel". It is our hotel. I think this is a good moment to discuss Radisson. It's a Swedish company, which I'm happy to support, especially after hearing the sad news of SAAB today that I know personally affects our friend Jesper and his home community. The one in Stockholm-awesome. All the others, mediocre at best. BUT-they are efficient, clean, close to the train, and friendly. Our Manchester hotel is also a Radisson and the remaining two will be boutique lodgings.
Tomorrow I believe Tobias is taking us to Christiansen. This is a controversial neighborhood, basically a town created by squatters in the old military barracks. I am confused to the legality of pot there-but general opinion seems to point to yes. Sounds a little "un-christiansen" to me--hahahahaha. Regardless it should be an interesting adventure. And, since everything is pretty cold and boring when it gets dark (at 4 pm) I guess I'll set an alarm. On a side note, I finished reading North and South, which I thoroughly enjoyed and I'm sad it's over. Now I'm moving on to an American classic, My Ántonia. And after hearing on NPR that Neti pots are leading to deaths by brain eating amebas I'm wondering if I've suffered any permanent damage from past use. Good thing I found those devices about as awesome as salted licorice and threw it away years ago.

1 comment:
your comments about Kurt's mustache being amused have me laughing. :) I also enjoyed the references to your photography lesson. Thanks for letting me enjoy your trip from the comfort of my house-arrest as a stay-at-home mom!
Post a Comment