Friday, December 23, 2011

Manchester 2

Yesterday, if you'll recall, began pretty grim.  Kurt returned from the train station empty handed.   After making several more calls to the different train stations along the route our train traveled. There was some confusion to if the train even made it the final stop due to a track fire and every attendant gave him different advice and procedures to follow.  He was in a dark mood.  Our first stop was to Rob's apartment with our laundry.  However, the machine had hieroglyphics for instructions that no amount of fussing with could figure out so we left our dirty knickers in the bag and went to find brekkie.  
Wasn't hard to find Rob's place.
Oh he was a bear!  This face says it all!  Poor Kurty!

We went to Koffee Pot.  A favourite of ours.  I had the Veggie English, Kurt had a chicken and mushroom pie.
Not a unicorn or a horse, but close enough.
We headed back to the hotel...
My unwashed hair gracing the streets of Manchester.

And for all of Kurt's glumness, the sun shone so bright.  We aren't even sure if we've seen a sunny day here before.
Kurt called USAA who holds our renter's policy and found they would cover the entire contents of the missing luggage (about 2K). He was most gutted that all the records he bought were in that bag. After this phone call, he was much more pleasant to be around.



Kurt's feet were killing him, so we headed out to find him shoes.  In the meantime he found the sympathetic ear of Angela Dunn at the Huddersfield station who committed her day to trying to find his lost bag.  He kind heart increased Kurt's spirits.


He got the white ones.




ohhh....so pretty!
Not a horse or unicorn but equally as magical!  I bought this, but will return it today due to wasteful spending.  I couldn't help it, it was covered with glitter and sparkled in the light.
Kurt was desperate to get rid of his moustache so we stopped and made an appointment for a shave.
We browsed the shops as we waited for his 5:00 appointment at Gentry.  I found a cast of Martha at the Tommy Hilfiger store.  This is the dog that recently made the donation to Collide.
We stopped by House of Frasier to see Natalie and Rob's mum after she got off work at 4:30.
We walked a bit with them then left for Kurt's appointment with plans to head over to their house shortly.








Adios mi amigo!  We had a love/hate relationship...but mostly hate.



He looks like a kid!  The Cut Throat shave they call it.  Took about 40 minutes.
Ohhhh...a pegasus!

Rob's house. No flash.
These two constantly just send records back and forth to each other.  Rob had a pile waiting for Kurt.
Rob and Kurt took Rob's mom to the station for the 7:00 train and they themselves bought a ticket to Bolton.  Angela had said she thought she found his missing bag, though she could not verify if it was still intact or if stuff had been stolen.
So Natalie and I hung out until they returned.  We planned to eat at the Christmas market but it was closing when we arrived.  It was the last night, and I guess the city was in a hurry to clean up.

And this is the face of a man whose found his luggage, completely intact.
Suntory Time!

We have have terrible wifi (or as the brits say-whiffie) here at the hotel and it is taking 8-9 hours to upload photos which I'm letting run overnight.  So for the next few days I'll probably update in a similar manner.

Rob and Natalie have off today and there have been talks of some holiday shopping and perhaps a visit to Salford's Lads club, which is within walking distance.  It's a proper Manchester day, raining and grey.  I didn't sleep until 4:00 (probably had something to do with that Irish Coffee) and was up before 9.  Not sure how I'll reward myself for this one, but I reckon it will be awesome, and most likely involve sugar.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Hurray! so glad he found his bag! I am sure you are happier too and I don't think you should take back the blue sparkly reindeer. He is too pretty... I will buy him for you if I have to :)

Nicole of all trades said...

"Kurty"'s face looked so sad, I wanted to see what I could do to find his bag from across the globe! I'm so glad it was found and intact, and he can be happy Kurt again. Also, kind of nice that the bag was still lost when he was desperate for a shave, because then he got a face massage and 40 min. of pampering, which weren't included in his shaving kit! :)