Monday, November 10, 2008

Just a pretty face...

We had started to realize our hotel was full of DB's pretty much upon our arrival.  Friday evening Kurt called down to complain about our TV's blown speakers.  The receptionist actually said (see previous post about customer service), "Right now we have some guests stuck in the elevator so we'll take care of your problem later".  Sure enough, when we headed out a bit later they were still stuck.  Here is the LA fire department trying to free them from the car on the far left.
Here they are using the middle car to reach through.  Unfortunately we didn't stick around for the final outcome.
Funny thing was nobody noticed or cared that I was taking photos.  The people who work here seem to be encouraged to be unhelpful and and aloof.  The final straw was when I tried to get ice and was told if you want ice you have to order room service...even though I was standing right next to the desk which adjoins the restaurant.  Saturday morning I called Mandy who was glad to have us for an additional day and then cancelled our Sunday reservation.

No comments: