Sunday, November 30, 2008

two unrelated things.

My brain is totally fried from attempting to learn Math.  I have my test Tuesday and Clint didn't help by using his ninja study techniques with me this afternoon.   And it's cold and wet and miserable outside.  
So dinner tonight.  I made golden beets (with chard and mashed potatoes).  This is my first attempt at beets.  All I did was boil them.  I was unsure if and how to season them so I just let them be.  They sorta reminded me of celery which was unexpected.  
AHA!  The mouse.  The little guy took the bait...or rather the tissue to expose his location.  Their gnawing woke me up this morning around 3 a.m. after Cash left out a hefty bark-guess it woke him up too.  

2 comments:

TAB said...

you need to figure out a way to incorporate the mice into 'heidi's gourmet dog chow' for cash and lennon. mmmmm...mice innards.

Missy said...

Alton Brown did a whole show on Beets on the food network. You should look it up for recipes. :D