Thursday, November 27, 2008

They are characterized by two continuously growing incisors in the upper and lower jaws.

Earlier this week I heard a curious gnawing coming from the kitchen.  Having owned many a rodent growing up I recognized the sound immediatly and started to search for the little bugger.  It appears the mouse was trying to get in behind the stove so I stuffed the hole with tissue (to see if they'll pull it out) and left it at that.
So this is our peanut bowl.  In my early morning endeavors yesterday I went to reach for my iPod which sits on the open shelf beneath below the bowl.  I didn't find my iPod, but I did find this:
Looks like those mice had a party.  I can see them scurrying around with cheeks stuffed to their eyeballs in complete disbelief of their good luck.  Looks like we have more company than I anticipated and now I'm without the cats and the terrier (because you know those bulldogs aren't going to do a thing about it).  You can tell by the daintiness of the mess it is a mouse and not a rat.  
I tossed the nuts out and vacuumed this up.  I go back to get Weller in a week or two so that should fix the problem.  Good thing for those mice I happen to find them cute and don't mind having them around.   There's nothing like a good game of "catch".

No comments: