Soups are in my opinion one of the hardest foods to create and get the flavor, texture, and viscosity correct. I recently read that when you start learning how to prepare soups you should not stray from the recipe until you have a better understanding of how they work. So tonight I tackled
Vegan Potato Leek soup-and added my own step-by-step photos.

Here are my ingredients. Ok, so I have a problem not adding my own ingredients. The onion wasn't on the list.

Prepped.

Sautéing the onions and leeks in olive oil.

Now add the diced potatoes.

Stock and herbs.

After 20 minutes...blend.

While you're waiting for it to cool you can wash the remaining dishes.

Add the soymilk (I let it come to room temperature first), salt, and pepper.

Ta-da! Kurt opted for a few drops of truffle oil. This was delicious and filling. If I made it again I can't say there is much I would change except to maybe look for a prettier garnish. The website says this is a base used for many vegan "cream" soups, which is good to know!
2 comments:
mmm thats one of my favorite soups. give me some!
Wow Heidi! I didn't know you were such a chef, this soup looks delicious :)
Post a Comment