Monday, January 12, 2009

I am not a laser.

I cut the second Plynyl mat this past week to give us a more temperature controlled surface in the kitchen and bathroom.  It turned out to be a low-level disaster.


The photos make it look ok-but it shifts to expose the floor-especially in the seam.  It turned out 10 times better than the bathroom.

Luckily we aren't in here very often and keep the door closed because it's so cold so you don't have to look at it very much.
This stuff was hard to cut (I knew I was taking a risk when I couldn't get one hit in my internet research)-it quickly dulled the blade of the Stanley carpet cutter and though the seams look minimal in this photo in real life it looks very sloppy.  Part of it that every surface in this apartment is wonky-and part of it is that this material needs a much more precise way of being cut and handled.  

No comments: