Friday, January 9, 2009

Vegan pot pie.

This week I took a recipe for Chicken pot pie from our Food and Wine and made it Vegan.Potatoes, frozen peas, soymilk, tofu, salt, vegetable broth, shitake mushrooms, carrots, flour, dill, pepper, leeks, soy garden butter, loaf of hearty white bread, and onion.
Saute the onion and leaks in the butter before adding the potatoes and carrots.
Pour in the soymilk slowly and then add the dill, salt, pepper, and flour.
Cook for a few minutes on a low boil and then add the tofu and peas. Once they are heated through turn the burner off.
I forgot to add the shitakes in step one so I quickly cooked them and then mixed them in with the resting pot.
Arrange your bread slices and put this bad boy in the oven.
In the meantime I made this recipe after seeing it on Sarah's page. Toast the walnuts before processing.
Mix the walnuts and celery with the apples and mustard vinaigrette.
It only takes about 20 minutes for the pot pie to be bubbly and brown.
You'd never know it was vegan. It was very very delicious and the leftovers were even better.

No comments: